Tuesday, October 30, 2012

So nervous

So we had an incident with apples last week. I cut one up into wedges, and that was not the right thing to do. He was able to gnaw off a chunk and I think he was starting to choke. We unbuckled him, leaned him forward, and he spit it out. This was a bit unnerving.
So, we backtracked. I bought some organic earths choice baby food stage 2 purées. So we have done that a little by preloading a spoon and handing it to him. He takes it, licks at it, mushed it, and seems to be ok with it.
At the same time, we are still figuring the rest of solids out.
Last night we did some purée preloaded on a spoon. He ate about 1/2 a jar. We still follow his cues for eating. I then wanted to share an orange with him. I peeled about 1/4 of it, then handed it to him for a taste.
Ha! There was to be no sharing there. He loved it! He is so much more interested in the food we are eating. We have renewed resolve to make this work!

No comments:

Post a Comment