Sunday, November 18, 2012

Firsts

Simon has been trying out a lot of different foods. He really loves celery. He loves to gum it and will hold on to as many sticks as he can.
We had a couple of dining out experiences where he is finally very interested in being involved with eating. One night, we were out for Thai. I gave him steamed veggies- carrots, baby corn,-and zucchini. Baby corn was the big winner there! I don't blame him, that stuff is pretty yummy. The next night we went out for Mexican. I got chicken soup that is topped with avocado. Simon ate almost 1/2 an avocado which is quite a bit of food for him. We never even got to the other food in the soup.
These experiences were also the first times he sat in the high chair from the restaurant. At the Thai place, he was awesomely level with the table- it was perfect. At the Mexican location, he was lower than the table. This absolutely affected his ability to get to his food and manipulate it. Once he finishes, I do clean up anything he dropped so we don't leave a really huge mess.
Simon is officially over anything puréed (the little we have offered). He looks at my play and he wants the biggest piece of what I have, or he whines. Good thing I dot mind sharing food.

No comments:

Post a Comment