Friday, November 2, 2012

Success!

Let me just start with saying last night was a terrible, terrible disaster of a dinner.  I made crock pot chicken.  The chicken was dry.  I used old bay leaves which tasted terrible.  Mr. SiR was in a terrible mood and wanted nothing to do with anything.  I had potato and carrots for him and planned to maybe give him some chicken. I also offered a small wedge of avocado.  He didn't quite scream through the meal, but he was definitely squeal-y and unhappy.  Midway through me trying to eat, I offered him the orange that was sitting on the table - he shrieked with happiness.  I think he knew that orange was sitting on the table and he wanted it!  Lesson learned Mommy!
He did sleep all night long and napped a lot today.  We know he is teething again.  He also seems to be in the midst of a growth spurt and he is really trying to crawl and make some new sounds.  I think all these things together make for an easily frustrated baby.  

Tonight, I did not put any delectable fruits on the table ahead of time as I didn't want that issue again.
My husband and I were eating burgers.  I always top mine with avocado if I have it, so I gave him avocado.  This time, I cut a thick ring of avocado out. He was able to grab that sucker up pretty quick and it went straight to his mouth.  He got almost the whole thing devoured with only minimal help from me (I can't help it, I know I should let him do it- but we walk the line between wanting an independent baby without letting him get overly frustrated because then the meal is Done).  He also had a bit of his puree jar that I had opened a couple of days ago and wanted to finish up if possible.  I preloaded the spoon for that.  He loves trying to get that spoon to his mouth!  Most of that just ended up on the tray- a perfect location for spreading and covering himself with.  My husband is really squeamish, so this part of the meal always grosses him out! 

I really loved watching him eat the avocado because he was able to work it around really well in his mouth.  He was "chewing" and gumming it up.  He gagged twice when he got too much in his mouth and he fixed it all himself within 1-2 seconds.  Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment